I suppose I should say thank you. the book of alice was awarded The Versatile Blogger Award by the wickedly funny author of Paltry Meanderings of a Taller Than Average Woman (try saying that three times fast). Which is lovely. And thoughtful. And retributive. You see, I bestowed the coveted 7×7 Award upon Cristy and six other fabulous bloggers a couple of weeks ago. And these lovely little awards do require a fair amount of work, particularly when your average blogpost takes four minutes to write. So here goes…
Rules, Rules, Rules…
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award to your post… not as cute as a picture of The Kidling, but fine.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog… here’s lookin’ at you, kid.
- Share 7 completely random pieces of information about myself… no dice. About The Kidling. No one wants to hear about The Mama.
- Include this set of rules in your post… because everyone loves rules.
- Nominate 10 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award in this post… watch out, blogging world. You’ve got some work to do!
- Notify each of the nominees by posting a comment on each of their blogs… I’m cheating (thanks for the idea, Cristy). Email it is.
- Alice’s favorite color is “all of them.”
- The Kidling thinks The Mama is smelly. Because I am. After yoga, that is. When I get home she says, “Ick Mom! Get out of your stinky yoga clothes!”
- Alice has absolutely no conception of scarcity. She inhales artisanal sopressata at the same rate with which she consumes cheap summer sausage: very, very rapidly.
- The Kidling and The Dada have matching sweatshirts (don’t worry. They don’t leave the house in them. Duh). Whenever Alice sees her father in his, she suddenly declares: “I’m cold!” This, of course, is code for: I want to match Dad! Pretty stinkin’ cute.
- Alice is a guilty carnivore. Stay tuned for related posts.
- The Kidling is obsessed (obsessed) with genuine, New Orleans brass bands. Particularly, The Soul Rebels. And rightfully so. This is some serious, get-down funky music (they also happen to be the soundtrack to almost every dance party in our household).
- Alice is painfully cute. Seriously. Painful. But you knew that…
And the Nominees Are…
- The Tiny Sartorialist. Gorgeous. And tiny. Gorgeously tiny.
- , . Yes, that comma is the blog title. And it is gorgeous.
- Insatiable Booksluts. Love, love, love this book review blog.
- Haute off the Press. Law + fashion = fabulous.
- Trinkets and Treasures. Pretty, pretty things.
- AJ Rokin. This lawyer-turned-writer procrastinates in blog form. Surely you’ve never done that…
- Jimmie Chew. Have you ever wondered about animal stars? This blog is seriously genius.
- Bohemian Babies. Someone has to keep track of all the fabulous kiddo-design, right?! And she does it so well.
- Jennie Ingham. If, like me, you have a separate board on Pinterest for textiles, you should check out this blog. Swoon.
- Shoes on the Wrong Feet. I just really like this blog about life and the little things.
Whew! Done. Cheers!
* Get it? Little black dress? Versatile? Sigh. I try…